Time

It's already April 11th, 2016!

It's April 11th, 2016!!!!!!!

Time passes so quickly.

I was just barely getting out of my parents' car on a snowy day in January 2015 for my third semester. That was 16 months ago.

Whenever I'm impatient to have my own family, I try to remember how quickly time passes and that soon all of my children's childhoods will be a blur anyway, so I'd better just enjoy all the good things life gives now; I'll miss them like crazy later.

I've been thinking about time and change a lot lately.

Just barely was the beginning of last week, with me itching to be out of school. Now I am suddenly home. My present is so different from my present a week ago. I'm thinking about Kansas City and soon Kansas city will be the present.

Sometimes I think about things like this for a long time and my mind starts moving in spinny oscillations, in and out, attempting to comprehend the passage of time and the reality of the present present, the past present and the future present.

*Insert mind-blowing noises*

Sometimes I'm terrified of time and I want it to slow down or stop. Then other times I wish so badly that it would hurry up and that everything could happen all at once and be over with.

Time plods sometimes and flies other times like an elephant with wings, completely oblivious to my attempts to control it.





Comments

Popular Posts